Foster Billabong High International School, the Best International Schools in Secunderabad, follows the best and advanced curriculum with adapting best teaching techniques.
Our curriculum’s USP is to cater to 3 kinds of learners.
A DAY KANGAROO KIDS
- Circle Time
- Concept Time
- Sing along sessions
- Snack Time
- Attendance Time
- Support System
- Focus point learning (display of objects)
- Picture Talk
- Story Time
- Rhyme Recitation
- Program Achieve Module (Moral values are imparted through regular conceptual teaching)
After every month parent receives an overview of the curriculum implemented and the topics covered. Call and fix an appointment for further detailing on academics.
- Work education: Stitching, Cooking, Gardening, Pottery are taught to enhance skills.
- In the formative assessments, attitude and behavior are also graded.
FBHIS, the Best International Schools in Secunderabad, is affiliated to the Central Board of Education with a Primary Year Programme is incorporated into the syllabus.
The International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (PYP) is an educational programme managed by the International Baccalaureate (IB) for students aged 3 to 12.
Our curriculum’s USP is catering to 3 kinds of learners.
- Auditory Learners:– lectures, group discussions, speaking, videos
- Visual Learners: Maps, diagrams, charts, graphs, flow charts, symbols, hierarchies
- Kinesthetic Learners: personal experiences, demonstrations, simulations, videos, movies,
- Integrated Curriculum is pre-prepared to maintain the same discipline in all sections of all grade
- Class sheets and home sheets are prepared by a different team.
- Lesson planning, assessment sheets, teaching aids, reference material, plan of work, home extensions, class extensions are prepared at the start of the year which ensures quality implementation of the curriculum.
- Direct point of contact is the Academic Head, Vice Principal, and the Principal/Director.
PYP - PRIMARY YEAR PROGRAMME
The International Baccalaureate® (IB) Primary Years Programme is a curriculum framework designed for students in classes grades 1 to 5. The same integrated with CBSE syllabus which helps students to be challenged on higher-order thinking levels.
- PYP includes DIVISION OF CHAPTERS INTO BOOKS.
- ONE FOCUS POINT LEARNING
- Interpreted pre-curriculum
- Field trips / Class activities / Special Days / Guest lectures.
- Culminating Days
VARK – Visual/Auditory/Reading/Kinesthetic
British Council Projects
- Project exchange between various cultural networks.
- Each class participates in a virtual exchange program with international schools from across the world.
High School Curriculum
- The curriculum for 6th to 10th grade in the CBSE syllabus.
- From grade 6th, Science is divided into
i) Physics ii) Chemistry iii) Biology
- Sports & Performing arts are part of their regular curriculum
- Library, Computers, art & craft, Skill periods, Club periods, and the likes are conducted also part of the regular curriculum.
- Language Arts and English Grammar
- Social Science
- Second Language – Hindi/Telugu
- Computer Education
- Art and Craft
- Physical Education
SOME OF OUR POLICIES
|Homework Policy||Math (every day) Other Subjects (Weekly), Friday – Wednesday Submission.|
|Field trips||Fieldtrips for every Major topic covered about Social, Science & English mainly.|
|Special weeks||Like Shakespeare week, Cultural week, Skill India week, and more.|
|Guest lectures||Specialists in fields, Volunteer parents are called in to give guest lectures to students of all grades in various topics|
|Students Council / Clubs/ Ministries.||Projects are mandatory for students to submit. Evaluated and graded by CBSE. In-house projects.|
|Cultural events||Expressions week, Oriental week ( Haiku, Cooking, Oriental art, origami and more)|
|External exams||Certificates hold value for higher studies. All are optional – can be chosen from.|
|Teacher training programmes||Mandatory CBSE training – thrice a year. Billabong Training – Twice a year
|Curriculum Actualisation||Mock sessions, Class observations, evaluation & grading of Teaching.|
|Inter House Competitions||Spin a yarn, Dance, Music, talent search, Design, Article writing, all sports, etc.|
|Inter-School Competitions||CBSE Katha competitions, sports competitions, Model United Nations.|